Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fun with fallacies

After reading the comments of some of my critics, I felt it necessary to outline the fallacies in their arguments. All of the fallacies used by my critics present agreements which lack cogency.

Straw man - From MNCR: " DEMOCRATS DO IT TOO SO IT'S NOT SO BAD IT'S JUST THE EVIL IN THE SYSTEM."

The reason this constitutes a Straw Man is that I never once said anything remotely close to what MNCR is claiming I said. MNCR is just putting words into my mouth.

Red Herring - From johnnie78: "
By giving it back you mean the tainted money Kennedy and Kline got from the indicted Tom Delay?"

This debate is not over Delay's funds, but whether the DFL and Oberstar should give away the Abramoff-tainted funds. johnnie78 is just trying to distract me, and my readers, from the real issue.

Spotlight - This one is a shout out to Brian Melendez, who likes to opine on the GOP's "culture of corruption."

I'd hate to tell you Brian, not all Republicans are corrupt, and neither are all Democrats.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger johnnie78 said...

I ask, again:

1. Define "Abramhoff tainted money."

2. Tell me what % of money directly from Abramhoff went to:
a. Republicans
b. Democrats

I read the WHOLE Kessler article. I didn't just do a "Kennedy edit" and cherry pick the parts I liked.

Try as you might to lie and spin, this is a Republican scandal. The more you lie and spin the more obvious your desperation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home