Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Clarification on McCollum

For the record, I want the world to know that I am not accusing Rep. Betty McCollum of anything except living next door to her Chief of Staff, which I can prove. PleaseGodNotHillary put it more eloquently than I could ever have:


Let's see: The blogger merely raises a query about the close proximity between Betty McCollum's Minnesota residence and that of her Chief of Staff.

Suddenly, the McCollum apologists jump into the mix; huffing, puffing and pontificating their magic spin, and the topic at hand is deflected.

It makes me wonder if MDE isn't on to something here?

Ecellent point, isn't it?

On other news, Emily’s List, the group that advocates baby killing under the guise of it being a “right,” has started to visit my site. Enjoy!

UPDATE: I've moved this to the top because the debate on this issue seems to be floating into other posts.

10 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Privacy is a right protected by the constitution. At EMILY's list, we help women running for office that support the right to privacy for women. Killing babies is a crime in the United States, and we do not support anyone who kills babies.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Republican Minnesota said...

You aren't for privacy, you are for ending pregnancies!!! Your spin may help you sleep better at night, but I won't tolerate that BS on my site.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not tolerating BS would leave 90% of your site blank.

You accuse me of spin, but the fact is that I am not "for ending pregnancies," but rather I think that in some circumstances women should be able to choose to do so. There are wonderful alternatives to abortion, like real sex education in schools, government subsidized profilactics and birth control. Your solution is to outlaw abortion and tell kids to keep their legs shut. Which of our positions leads to a better America?

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger PleaseGodNotHillary said...

That's an easy one:

Keeping their zippers up and legs shut....

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this debate from www.minnesotansforlife.blogspot.com and felt compelled to joing in. to the Emily's List staffer answer the question only "yes" or "no" if the pregnancy is not ended what would we have a living breathing baby after 40 weeks inside the mother? Also yes or no were you once a "fetus" are you a "choice" you just buy into the rethoric of the "Anti-Life" (also know as pro-choice crowd). This humble former festus is glad that my mother and your mother chose life!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Republican Minnesota said...

Abortion is just birth control for amoral liberals like yourself.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose RM can cast the first stone...

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Republican Minnesota said...

You assume correct.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger PleaseGodNotHillary said...

And I'll cast the second...

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger GOPWingman said...

Me third! Me third!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home